LEAD Greater Williamsburg, formerly Leadership Historic Triangle, is a community immersion program, sponsored by the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance, that provides opportunities for recognized and emergent leaders to collaborate on issues of importance to the region. The program has graduated over 400 diverse and accomplished individuals, after successful completion of an intensive eight-month program consisting of educational sessions, tours, and candid conversations with community leaders.
Graduates complete their experience having gained a deeper appreciation for their community in areas such as education, public safety, health and human services, economic drivers, environmental sustainability, local and state government, workforce development, and the military. Alumni develop lasting personal relationships, gain an invaluable professional network, and continue to support their community through service as elected officials, local government planning commissioners, and non-profit board members.
- Goal 1: Increase participants' community involvement and expand their leadership skills by educating them on regional issues.
- Goal 2: Develop participants’ leadership skills by exposing them to community leaders and local resources.
- Goal 3: Facilitate networks of contacts to assist participants in becoming effective community leaders.
- Goal 4: Promote the importance of community involvement after completing the program and encourage class participants to be actively involved in the Greater Williamsburg community.
- Goal 5: Implement outreach efforts to broaden and diversify the participant base and alumni participation.
- Goal 6: Support seamless transitions that encourage continued program success.
- Bring together, from a cross section of the community, a diverse pool of participants eager to expand their community involvement.
- Introduce the participants to key community leaders and organizations.
- Establish for the participants a network of contacts helpful for becoming effective community leaders.
- Provide participants with an enjoyable experience as they enhance their roles as leaders, gain personal and professional growth, and form lasting friendships
- Provide an Alumni Association enabling participants to continue their involvement with and support of the LEAD program.